Praying the Lords’ Model Prayer
It is commonly referred to as ‘˜The Lord’s Prayer’.
Below is the ‘˜Model Prayer’ where Jesus taught us how to pray.
8 your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
We can’t say ‘OUR FATHER’ unless we’ve been born again into God’s family
- John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
We can’t say ‘HALLOWED BE YOUR NAME’ unless Christ has first priority in our own lives.
We can’t say ‘YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH’ unless we are committed to doing his will all the time.
- Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
We can’t say ‘GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD‘ without the willingness to share it to those in need around the world.
We can’t say ‘FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS‘ If we are holding onto an unforgiving attitude toward others.
- 1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
- Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
We can’t say ‘LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION’ If we continue to expose ourselves to compromising situations.
- Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
- Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
- Luke 22:46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
We can’t say ‘DELIVER US FROM EVIL’ unless we really desire to walk with integrity and purity.
2 Corinthians 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.